Over 80% of the U.S. population suffers from low back pain at some time in their life, some with chronic low back pain issues. Most low back pain is attributed to muscle imbalance and is relieved and prevented by a properly executed exercise program conducted by a knowledgeable professional. This course shows how vertical aquatic exercise can be used in post-rehabilitation for back pain by aquatic rehabilitation practitioners, as well as aquatic leaders providing individual or group exercise for this population. Videos and pictures give you a clear understanding of the exercises and progressions shown in the course. If you want to get exceptional results with your back pain clients, this course is a must!
Education Level: Beginner - Intermediate - Advanced
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|0.4||Action Personal Trainer Certification|
|4.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|0.4||American Kinesiotherapy Association (COPS-KT)|
|0.4||International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)|
|0.4||National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC)|
|2.0||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|0.5||National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)|
|4.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Discuss aquatic applications for back rehabilitation, common causes of back pain, and back injury issues.
- Identify 3 common steps to reduce back pain and the 3 phases of recovery and care for a back pain client.
- Discuss the 6 recommendations for back pain recovery and three characteristics/benefits of vertical aquatic exercise for low back pain.
- Discuss core training strategies for a back pain client including progression, what to avoid, and potential limitations.
- Describe 3 key elements and 7 exercises for teaching abdominal bracing and core stabilization in the aquatic environment.
- Identify equipment and methods that can be used for training the core and back in the aquatic environment.
- Explain how to safely and effectively perform 7 aquatic core exercises with variations.
System Requirements to View This Course
This course can be viewed on a PC or MAC Computer