The female body is structurally different from the male body both anatomically and in its need for pelvic alignment and health. Working with the female body before, during, and after pregnancy requires a working knowledge of female anatomy in all three stages to prepare, accommodate, and restore a woman's body to alignment and health.
This course reviews female anatomy and the anatomy of pregnancy to guide you with pregnant clients. Learn the importance of breathing and posture, guidelines for exercise, contraindications, special considerations, and safe exercises for pregnant clients. Knowledge is key to safety and effectiveness in exercise for your pregnant clients.
Education Level: Intermediate-Advanced
Prerequisites: Recommended Basic Certification in Fitness Field Minimum
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|0.4||Action Personal Trainer Certification|
|4.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|0.4||American Kinesiotherapy Association (COPS-KT)|
|0.4||International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)|
|0.4||National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC)|
|2.0||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|2.0||National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)|
|4.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify female anatomy and the anatomy and physiology of pregnancy.
- Describe the role of 6 body systems in pregnancy and the stages of labor and birth.
- Recognize the role of nutrition in a healthy pregnancy.
- Describe 5 aspects of exercise during pregnancy and special considerations for pregnant clients.
- Identify proper screening and assessment for exercise for a pregnant client.
- Describe the role and importance of posture and breathing for a pregnant client.
- Identify guidelines for cardiorespiratory, strength, and flexibility exercise during pregnancy.
- Describe 5 underlying exercise techniques for exercise during pregnancy.
- Explain how to safely and effectively perform 30 exercises during pregnancy.
System Requirements to View This Course
This course is tablet enabled and can be viewed on an iPad or Android tablet as well as a PC or MAC Computer