Our nation continues to see significant increases in obesity as well as other chronic diseases. Current research proves that lifestyle interventions are the most effective way to help clients create lasting changes to prevent or treat these conditions. Through the addition of evidence-based nutrition recommendations, the fitness professional is ideally positioned to help reverse the obesity epidemic.
Education Level: All Levels
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|1.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|0.5||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|1.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the Standard American Diet (SAD).
- Discuss the role diet plays in chronic disease.
- Explain the dangers of ?dieting? on long-term weight management.
- Discuss the role of the fitness professional in shifting the nation?s food choices.
- Describe how to legally provide nutrition guidance to clients.
System Requirements to View This Webinar
This webinar is tablet enabled and can be viewed on an iPad or Android tablet as well as a PC or MAC Computer