Coach your clients/patients for long-term success with weight loss by focusing on lasting lifestyle improvement. Shift from prescribing diet and exercise programs to assisting people to succeed at behavioral change. 80% of your clients are not ready to jump into action. This webinar will equip you to reach clients at whatever stage of change they are at, and to provide the accountability and support they need for success. Join psychologist and wellness coaching pioneer, Dr. Michael Arloski, for an engaging webinar on how wellness coaching can work for you.
Education Level: All Levels
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|1.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|1.0||American Fitness Professional Association (AFPA)|
|1.0||Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA)|
|0.1||Aquatic Therapy & Rehabilitation Institute (ATRI)|
|1.0||International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)|
|0.5||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|Note 1||National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA)|
|1.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
|1.0||Sara's City Workout (SCW)|
Note 1: NSCA offers continuing education to those who take the Live Webinar. To get 1 Hour of NSCA continuing education credit, you must watch the webinar live, and then contact Ivy@medicalfitnessnetwork.org to receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Continuing Education credit is included in the price of this course. This course is also available without CE credit at a reduced price. When you Log In, Register, or add the course to your cart choose with CE or without CE. If you purchase this course without CE credit but later decide you would like to earn the credit, there will be an additional fee to access the CE quiz.
If this course is not approved by your organization you can use the
FLS Easy Petition Page to get approval for a FLS CE course. We make it EASY!
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Discuss 5 aspects of the coaching mindset and the concept of lifestyle prescription.
- Describe how weight gain is complicated and a multi-causal thing.
- Explain evidence for what determines success and actually works for weight loss.
- Describe effective weight loss strategies, dietary strategies, coaching strategies, and movement strategies for the overweight client.
- Identify the NEAT concept and the importance of incorporating it into coaching strategies.
- Describe how to coach an overweight client for mental and emotional determinants.
System Requirements to View This Webinar
This webinar is tablet enabled and can be viewed on an iPad or Android tablet as well as a PC or MAC Computer