Working with cancer patients and survivors requires empathy, compassion, and comprehensive knowledge of the subject matter. This session will give you insight into the practical, hands-on skills needed to guide patients through treatment into recovery and long-term survivorship. No two cancer patients are the same; which is why it?s critical to completely individualize programming. Learn a comprehensive, step-by-step process from renowned expert Andrea Leonard, president and founder of the Cancer Exercise Training Institute and ACE partner
Education Level: All Levels
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|1.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|0.5||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|1.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
Note 1: NSCA offers continuing education to those who take the Live Webinar. To get 1 Hour of NSCA continuing education credit, you must watch the webinar live, and then contact Ivy@medicalfitnessnetwork.org to receive a Certificate of Attendance.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify 3 terms related to cancer and 5 risk factors.
- Discuss 6 possible side effects of breast surgery.
- Recognize 4 types of breast reconstruction surgery.
- Discuss treatment options for breast cancer.
- Describe lymphedema, its symptoms, and treatment.
- Discuss parameters of exercise programming and survivorship for breast cancer.
System Requirements to View This Webinar
This webinar is tablet enabled and can be viewed on an iPad or Android tablet as well as a PC or MAC Computer