Cannabis has long been used by man in a variety of ways for a variety of reasons. Today, we are beginning to understand how the plant can be applied usefully in lifestyle as well as specifically in medical treatment. This talk is designed as an introductory overview of cannabis, its constituents and the current understanding regarding how those constituents interact with the body. The California cannabis market is in transition as the industry is still implementing the regulatory framework. This has allowed the recreational market to create an environment with diversity of claims; however, the science behind the application of cannabis is only emerging. This talk will help give insight as to where current science stands regarding cannabis applications as well as explore some novel approaches in its use.
Education Level: All Levels
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|1.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|0.5||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|1.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
Note 1: NSCA offers continuing education to those who take the Live Webinar. To get 1 Hour of NSCA continuing education credit, you must watch the webinar live, and then contact Ivy@medicalfitnessnetwork.org to receive a Certificate of Attendance.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Briefly discuss the history of cannabis.
- Identify 5 Terpenes and possible effects on the body.
- Explain the endocannabinoid system, 5 receptors, distribution, and function in the body.
- Describe 7 phytocannabinoids and their effects on the body.
- Discuss the application of phytocannabinoids for therapeutic use in both accepted and potential applications.
- Identify unprocessed, processed, and formulated cannabis products.
- Discuss 3 takeaways about cannabinoids.
System Requirements to View This Webinar
This webinar is tablet enabled and can be viewed on an iPad or Android tablet as well as a PC or MAC Computer