Almost 10 million individuals worldwide are affected by Parkinson?s disease. Health-fitness professionals who work with the general public and older adults will encounter clients with Parkinson?s disease.
This webinar will help you understand the basics of the disease, allowing professionals to recognize disease progression, and be aware of numerous possible symptoms and related problems. You?ll also learn about current treatment for the disease and how exercise plays a role in disease management.
Education Level: All Levels
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|1.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|0.5||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|1.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
Note 1: NSCA offers continuing education to those who take the Live Webinar. To get 1 Hour of NSCA continuing education credit, you must watch the webinar live, and then contact Ivy@medicalfitnessnetwork.org to receive a Certificate of Attendance.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify the definition of Parkinson?s Disease and Parkinsonism.
- Recognize the 4 classifications of Parkinsonism and prevalence statistics.
- Identify the risk factors and protective factors for PD.
- Describe the etiology of PD and prevention and intervention.
- Recognize the motor and non-motor symptoms of PD.
- Describe methods and barriers for exercise as intervention for PD.
- Identify 4 programs for PD exercise intervention.
- Discuss how to become qualified to work with PD clients.
System Requirements to View This Webinar
This webinar is tablet enabled and can be viewed on an iPad or Android tablet as well as a PC or MAC Computer