The number of people suffering from chronic pain conditions is growing indicating a need for effective chronic pain management programs. Chronic pain associated health care costs is estimated to be $80 billion each year in the USA alone. People suffering from chronic pain need to be fully educated about the process of managing pain. Knowledge is power for the chronic pain sufferer. With the information and techniques presented in this course, you as a health-fitness professional can increase your client's ability to manage chronic pain.
Education Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|0.3||Action Personal Trainer Certification|
|3.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|0.3||American Kinesiotherapy Association (COPS-KT)|
|0.2||International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)|
|0.3||National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC)|
|1.5||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|0.5||National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)|
|3.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the role of a health fitness professional in the pain management process including;
- an understanding of terminology for pain management,
- exploring integrative medicine,
- an understanding of treatments for pain management,
- proper communication with health care providers
- an understanding of pain, suffering, disabilities and the emotional aspects of well being,
- the chronic pain cycle,
- the behavioral change process,
- and a code of ethics for working with chronic pain clients.
- Explore the philosophy behind the structure of a water-based pain management program including;
- benefits of water exercise,
- structure of a water session for chronic pain management,
- sample exercises,
- and research supporting exercise for chronic pain management.
System Requirements to View This Course
This course is tablet enabled and can be viewed on an iPad or Android tablet as well as a PC or MAC Computer