Explore the basic properties of gravity and buoyancy and how they affect movement and equipment use on land and in the aquatic environment. Exercise and equipment options are given for all primary muscle groups for land and water resistance training exercises using weights, tubing, buoyant and drag equipment. This course is an easy to access, comprehensive library of resistance training exercises with over 70 videos, written explanations, variations and safety information beneficial to both land and aquatic health-fitness professionals.
Education Level: Beginner, Intermediate
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|0.4||Action Personal Trainer Certification|
|4.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|0.4||American Kinesiotherapy Association (COPS-KT)|
|0.4||National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC)|
|2.0||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|0.5||National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)|
|4.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Define mass and discuss its relationship to gravity and center of gravity.
- Define density and discuss its relationship to buoyancy and center of buoyancy.
- Identify other forms of resistance in a fluid environment.
- Identify joint motions and apply different forms of resistance to land and water exercise.
- Learn several exercises using resistance in land and water exercise.
System Requirements to View This Course
This course can be viewed on a PC or MAC Computer