According to the American Heart Association, over 47 million Americans have metabolic syndrome. That is approximately one out of every six people. Every health-fitness professional will encounter diabetic clients. This course will help prepare you to effectively work with these clients on many levels. Scenarios are included to help you prepare for inevitable diabetic incidents with clients.
Education Level: Intermediate
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|0.3||Action Personal Trainer Certification|
|3.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|0.3||American Kinesiotherapy Association (COPS-KT)|
|0.3||International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)|
|0.3||National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC)|
|1.5||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|0.5||National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)|
|3.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify and discuss 5 risk factors for metabolic syndrome.
- Recognize signs and symptoms for high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Discuss the causes of metabolic syndrome.
- Discuss statistics, symptoms, and 3 stages of diagnosis for diabetes.
- Identify and discuss 3 common forms of diabetes.
- Describe 5 components for managing diabetes.
- Discuss physical activity goals and exercise and weight management recommendations for diabetes.
- Explain 6 ways to prevent diabetes and metabolic syndrome including lifestyle changes.
System Requirements to View This Course
This course is tablet enabled and can be viewed on an iPad or Android tablet as well as a PC or MAC Computer