Pilates and Aqua exercise are two of the fastest growing exercise programs in the world. They offer programs to suit the exercise needs for people of all ages and all levels of fitness. Pilates performed in the water engages the upper and lower extremities through optimal ranges of motion while minimizing stress on the joints, resulting in a unique combination of exercise and physiotherapy. Learn how to teach correct breathing technique, body awareness, body alignment and body placement in the execution of these unique exercises. Excellent videos, images, and exercise explanations are included to help you teach these exercises for maximum results. Provide your clients with variety and diversity with Essential Aqua Pilates exercises.
Education Level: Intermediate, Advanced
Prerequisites: Basic Knowledge of Aquatic Exercise
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|0.6||Action Personal Trainer Certification|
|6.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|0.6||American Kinesiotherapy Association (COPS-KT)|
|0.6||National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC)|
|3.0||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|1.0||National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)|
|6.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Learn the six principles and mind body concepts of Pilates Exercise.
- Understand the concepts and benefits for Aqua Pilates.
- Identify special considerations for Aqua Pilates.
- Discover general recommendations for teaching Aqua Pilates.
- Describe recommended class format for Aqua Pilates including warm-up, exercises and cool-down.
- Learn, view, and practice Aqua Pilates Warm-up exercises.
- Learn, view, and practice Aqua Pilates Core Exercises.
- Learn, view, and practice Aqua Pilates Cool-down exercises.
System Requirements to View This Course
This course can be viewed on a PC or MAC Computer