Human anatomy and physiology is like climbing a ladder- you take it one step at a time but you never reach the top of this ladder. The human body is so complicated. Review of basic knowledge is critical to continued effective practice. Go on an entertaining journey of the 11 systems of the body with Dr. Keyes where he relates the human body to a motor vehicle. Great base review material with interesting body facts included to help make this vital information stick.
Education Level: Beginner - Intermediate
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|0.6||Action Personal Trainer Certification|
|6.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|0.6||American Kinesiotherapy Association (COPS-KT)|
|0.6||International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)|
|0.6||National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC)|
|3.0||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|0.5||National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)|
|6.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Recognize 23 bones in the human skeleton; discus 5 spinal abnormalities and 2 spine/neck injuries; describe 3 general types of joints and 7 synovial joints.
- Discuss 4 functions of the muscular system; describe how a muscle contracts; identify 24 human muscles and 18 torso muscles; describe 3 muscle types; recognize 8 position terms, 19 movement terms, and 11 miscellaneous terms related to the muscular system.
- Describe the flow of blood in the heart and the function of the heart; discuss the anatomy and function of the vascular system.
- Recognize the anatomy of the respiratory system; discuss the function of breathing; describe the pathway of air in the respiratory system.
- Discuss what comprises the cardiorespiratory and musculoskeletal systems.
- Describe cellular respiration and the journey of oxygen in the body.
- Identify the basic anatomy of the digestive system; describe the journey of food in the body.
- Discuss the function of the brain; describe the basic anatomy and function of the nervous system; discuss 5 senses associated with the nervous system; discuss 9 brain questions.
- Identify 12 glands/organs in the endocrine system and describe their function; describe the role of hormones in the endocrine system.
- Identify the parts of the lymphatic system; describe the function of the lymphatic system.
- Identify the 3 basic parts of skin: discuss skin color, perspiration, and body temperature.
- Identify the basic anatomy of the urinary system; describe how the urinary system functions.
- Describe the basic anatomy and function of the male and female reproductive system.
System Requirements to View This Course
This course is tablet enabled and can be viewed on an iPad or Android tablet as well as a PC or MAC Computer