Fine tune and expand your basic assessment skills. This multimedia course takes you through the basics of resting heart rate, resting blood pressure (video included), height, and weight measurement. Read descriptions and view video clips to locate and measure ten skinfold sites and nine body circumferences. Formulas and equations for Jackson/Pollock and a seven-site body composition, BMI, and calculations for recommended weight ranges. Build your knowledge and confidence to retain your clients with accurate basic assessment options.
Education Level: Beginner, Intermediate
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|0.4||Action Personal Trainer Certification|
|4.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|0.4||American Kinesiotherapy Association (COPS-KT)|
|2.0||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|0.5||National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)|
|4.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of assessment, American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) testing order, and protocol and alternatives for assessment.
- Recognize the 12 health-fitness components commonly assessed by health-fitness professionals.
- Discuss test validity, reliability, objectivity, and how to choose an assessment protocol.
- Discuss assessment administration, interpretation, and professionalism.
- Describe how to properly assess height and weight, resting heart rate, and resting blood pressure.
- Identify the 6 types of heart rates presented in this course and how they are assessed.
- Describe how to perform 9 body circumference measurements.
- Discuss skinfold assessment and describe how to locate and measure a skinfold at 9 sites.
- Calculate a desired weight or weight range for your client.
- Describe how to use the charts to determine body fat using the Jackson Pollock 3-fold skinfold method for men and women.
- Calculate percentage of body fat for a seven skinfold method for men and women.
- Calcualte Body Mass Index (BMI).
System Requirements to View This Course
This course can be viewed on a PC or MAC Computer