Water Walkers aren't just for your feet anymore! This course takes the water walkers off the feet and onto the hands for an upper torso and core workout that is hard to beat. This workout is best performed standing in shallow water with no flotation equipment. Enhance your lower torso water walker workout with some great upper torso and core training options with drag resistance that takes on a whole new dimension. Videos provided for upper torso and core exercises.
Education Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|0.2||Action Personal Trainer Certification|
|2.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|0.2||American Kinesiotherapy Association (COPS-KT)|
|0.2||International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)|
|0.2||National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC)|
|1.0||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|0.25||National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)|
|2.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Discuss proper wear and use of water walkers.
- Discuss aquatic resistance training methods and recommendations.
- Describe drag resistance and drag equipment and how it works in the water.
- Explain how water walkers provide resistance and options for adapting intensity when using water walkers for resistance training exercise.
- Discuss 6 training tips for water walker resistance training.
- Describe how to safely and effectively perform 11 water walker resistance exercises for the upper torso and variations when provided.
- Describe how to safely and effectively perform 8 water walker resistance exercises for the core.
System Requirements to View This Course
This course can be viewed on a PC or MAC Computer