This course is the second module in the Aquatic Options series. Aquatic Options was specifically designed for aquatic fitness professionals and any professional working with special populations and post rehab individuals in the aquatic environment. In this course you will learn modifications for participants with specific medical conditions including arthritis, diabetes, hypertension, and obesity, and be introduced to the assessment, evaluation, documentation, and reporting process. Choose appropriate equipment for all of the populations, and be able to design your own safe and effective aquatic fitness programming.
Education Level: Intermediate, Advanced
Prerequisites: Basic Choreography Skills
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|Action Personal Trainer Certification
|American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
|American Kinesiotherapy Association (COPS-KT)
|National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC)
|National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)
|National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)
|National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand concepts for how to get started working with special populations in the aquatic environment including standard of care and risk management.
- Be introduced to personal fitness screening and learn how to select appropriate pre and post assessment tools.
- Learn documenting processes and how to build communication and referrals with the medical community. Identify aquatic training options for special populations including:
- Deconditioned and Moderately Obese.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Cardiovascular Diseases.
- Describe exercise training principles specific to exercise in the water.
- Review resistance training exercises for many musculoskeletal conditions.
- Understand the program components for a safe and effective aquatic work out including warm up, endurance and conditioning, and cool down and stretch.
- Learn how to select appropriate aquatic exercise equipment and use the equipment effectively.
- Understand effective aquatic equipment progressions.
System Requirements to View This Course
This course can be viewed on a PC or MAC Computer