Obesity has become a world-wide epidemic. Aquatic fitness professionals have an important role in helping to fight and prevent obesity and the water is a safe and effective medium for the overweight client. Explore aquatic exercise as related to the larger adult participant. Special considerations for the obese participant as well as exercise format, and physiological differences are included in this course. Review intensity and safety concerns and see a sample exercise program.
Education Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|0.4||Action Personal Trainer Certification|
|0.4||American Kinesiotherapy Association (COPS-KT)|
|0.4||National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC)|
|2.0||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|0.5||National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)|
|4.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
After completing this course you will be able to:
- State the magnitude of the obesity problem in the USA Population.
- Be able to provide a definition of obesity.
- Understand the possible causes of obesity.
- Provide the risks associated with obesity.
- Provide the benefits of aquatic exercise for the larger adult.
- Effectively plan an aquatic exercise class for the larger adult.
System Requirements to View This Course
This course can be viewed on a PC or MAC Computer