Having a strong mid-section is not only aesthetically pleasing but contributes substantially to overall health and stamina as well. Understanding how to progressively and safely restore the core for your client will build a foundation for supporting the spine and improving overall function in both athletics and activities of daily living. Through video, text and informative pictures, Chris Kelly will teach you how to assess your client's core strength and provide several unique and enjoyable exercises to build your client's most important foundation- Core Strength and Function.
Education Level: Beginner - Intermediate
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|0.3||Action Personal Trainer Certification|
|3.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|3.0||American Fitness Professional Association (AFPA)|
|0.3||American Kinesiotherapy Association (COPS-KT)|
|0.3||Internat Assoc for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)|
|3.0||International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)|
|0.3||National Council for Certified Personal Trainers (NCCPT)|
|1.5||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|0.5||National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)|
|3.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
|3.0||Sara's City Workout (SCW)|
|3.0||World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S.)|
Continuing Education credit is included in the price of this course. This course is also available without CE credit at a reduced price. When you Log In, Register, or add the course to your cart choose with CE or without CE. If you purchase this course without CE credit but later decide you would like to earn the credit, there will be an additional fee to access the CE quiz.
If this course is not approved by your organization you can use the
FLS Easy Petition Page to get approval for a FLS CE course. We make it EASY!
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the basic concepts of core training including the abdominal brace, common training errors, and how to gain your client's trust.
- Describe 5 Core Restore steps for progressing core training exercises.
- Explain 3 inner core and 3 outer core assessments for your clients.
- Discuss the benefits of plank exercises and describe the 5 Plank Principles.
- Discuss standing strength training and explain how to teach 2 standing strength exercises.
- Explain how to safely and effectively perform 3 inner core training exercises and a dynamic warm up.
- Explain how to safely and effectively perform 4 antirotation and 4 antiextension standing core exercises.
- Explain how to safely and effectively perform 3 outer core training exercises.
System Requirements to View This Course
This course is tablet enabled and can be viewed on an iPad or Android tablet as well as a PC or MAC Computer