Core and abdominal strength/endurance are the foundation of all human movement. Learn how to train abdominals efficiently with proper exercise execution in this course. See videos and explanations of abdominal anatomy, proper training technique, and exercises for on land with bonus exercises for in the water. This course helps you build your knowledge and skills for training this fundamentally important part of the body.
Education Level: Beginner, Intermediate
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|0.4||Action Personal Trainer Certification|
|4.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|0.4||American Kinesiotherapy Association (COPS-KT)|
|0.4||National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC)|
|2.0||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|0.5||National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)|
|4.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand proper recommendations and misconceptions about abdominal training.
- Learn the anatomy and function of the abdominal muscles.
- Learn how to train the abdominal musculature efficiently and safely.
- Understand research implications regarding abdominal training.
- Correctly demonstrate several abdominal exercises.
- Design a safe and effective abdominal training program.
System Requirements to View This Course
This course is tablet enabled and can be viewed on an iPad or Android tablet as well as a PC or MAC Computer