Part 2 of Chris Kelly's core series is an evidence-based tested core training program designed to build a strong and aesthetically pleasing mid-section combined with the ability to function efficiently in the real world. Through video and text you will learn the purpose for different types of unique core training exercises and methods to expand your "tool box." Learn to progressively increase the challenge of your training programs for clients of all levels and take the entire core (versus merely the abs) to a new level of function. Part 1 Restore the Core: Integrated Core Training for Real World Function is available through Fitness Learning Systems.
Education Level: Intermediate, Advanced
Prerequisites: Basic Knowledge of Exercise
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|0.3||Action Personal Trainer Certification|
|3.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|3.0||American Fitness Professional Association (AFPA)|
|0.3||American Kinesiotherapy Association (COPS-KT)|
|0.3||Internat Assoc for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)|
|3.0||International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)|
|0.3||National Council for Certified Personal Trainers (NCCPT)|
|1.5||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|0.5||National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)|
|3.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
|3.0||Sara's City Workout (SCW)|
|3.0||World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S.)|
Continuing Education credit is included in the price of this course. This course is also available without CE credit at a reduced price. When you Log In, Register, or add the course to your cart choose with CE or without CE. If you purchase this course without CE credit but later decide you would like to earn the credit, there will be an additional fee to access the CE quiz.
If this course is not approved by your organization you can use the
FLS Easy Petition Page to get approval for a FLS CE course. We make it EASY!
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Be introduced to a core program which uses effective exercises for developing the aesthetic appearance of the core while reducing force and risk to the spine.
- Understand the difference between core strength and core endurance exercises.
- Learn the role of anti-movement exercises for endurance and movement based exercises to improve strength in training for both improved appearance and function.
- Discover the role flexibility and mobility plays in core exercise and core development.
- See and practice flexibility and mobility exercises to increase core function and development.
- See and practice exercises and concepts for Plank, Deadbug, Posterior Core and Vertical Core training applications.
- Discover ways to bridge core training on the floor with standing core training for more complete function.
- Learn core assessments for determining a client's initial core fitness level, any compensations or problems, and to determine progress.
- Apply assessment to individualized training needs.
- Learn and apply core exercise training for daily and weekly programs.
- Understand how to integrate core training into client sessions and group exercise.
System Requirements to View This Course
This course is tablet enabled and can be viewed on an iPad or Android tablet as well as a PC or MAC Computer