Childhood obesity and physical inactivity are making it more important than ever for youth fitness programs. This course provides ideas and information on effective aquatic programming for children through creative teaching methods, class formats, leadership styles and more. See videos showing developmental progression with motor skills as children of different ages jump, hop, skip, gallop, and more! Age appropriate formatting recommendations are given to enable you to develop appropriate programs with game and activity ideas included.
Education Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|0.4||Action Personal Trainer Certification|
|4.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|4.0||American Fitness Professional Association (AFPA)|
|0.4||American Kinesiotherapy Association (COPS-KT)|
|4.0||Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA)|
|0.4||Aquatic Therapy & Rehabilitation Institute (ATRI)|
|4.0||International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)|
|0.4||National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC)|
|0.3||National Council for Certified Personal Trainers (NCCPT)|
|2.0||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|0.5||National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)|
|4.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
|4.0||Sara's City Workout (SCW)|
|4.0||World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S.)|
Continuing Education credit is included in the price of this course. This course is also available without CE credit at a reduced price. When you Log In, Register, or add the course to your cart choose with CE or without CE. If you purchase this course without CE credit but later decide you would like to earn the credit, there will be an additional fee to access the CE quiz.
If this course is not approved by your organization you can use the
FLS Easy Petition Page to get approval for a FLS CE course. We make it EASY!
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Review the characteristics of children and statistics regarding children's fitness.
- Gain insight into children's physiology and program considerations vital to a healthy children's program.
- Understand age and developmental considerations and how these impact programming.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of perceptual motor concepts and terminology to increase the effectiveness of your programming.
- Gain insight into class discipline and safety.
- Learn programming concepts and see sample class outlines and activity ideas.
System Requirements to View This Course
This course can be viewed on a PC or MAC Computer